To help you navigate the site and find the articles that are relevant to you (whether you’re thinking about how to become a makeup artist, or already established and looking to grow you business) we’ve categorised and linked to our articles below.
And to give you an idea of what we’re working on we’ve also put the some unpublished subjects up – so watch this space!
How to Become A Makeup Artist
It’s always been your dream to become an MUA – maybe you were that child caught using your mums best lipstick just to try? Maybe you’re the go to person for all your mates before a night out? But what are the steps from keen amateur to artist? And now you’ve got the stocked kit, lovingly assembled piece by piece, what’s the best way to step out into the world and open up for business?
Well below you’ll find articles that will take your through step by step guide how to become a makeup artist…
- Step 0 – Developing Your Skills
- Step 1 – Scoping Out The Competition
- Step 2 – Researching Your Local Market
- Step 3 – Building Your Network
- Step 4 – Building a Portfolio
- Step 5 – Building a Website
- Step 6 – Generating Business
- Step 7 – Managing Your Clients and Bookings
- Step 8 – Managing Your Accounts and Finances
Starting and Running Your Makeup Business
- Establishing your business – business registration, tax and insurance
- Operating safely – what you need to know about health and safety
You’re living the dream – earning an income from doing what you love – makeup! But with success has come the realisation that there’s more to running your business smoothly than restocking your kit. Time to get organised!
- Using Social Media
- Managing your accounts and finances
- Dealing with invoicing
- Customer service – advice for dealing with all kinds of clients
- Child care – juggling two jobs!
Just scratched the surface?
Don’t worry – there’s plenty more to come. We’d love to hear what you think – what would you like to see more of? Got a topic that you think needs addressing? Let us know! You can connect with us through Facebook, Twitter or by e-mail.