[To get the fully downloadable, editable version of the list below, jump to the bottom and sign up to our mailing list!]
A makeup artist’s tool kit is a very personal thing. We could make recommendations about specific brands and brushes (and sometimes we will), but in truth most artists will experiment themselves and figure out the things they need and love. You may also make some personal choices regarding which products you won’t use – for example I choose to use products that support a cruelty-free, natural skincare ethic.
So rather than telling you exactly what to buy I thought I’d just give you a starting point – a handy list of the fundamentals for the bridal MUAs tool kit. This is the minimal selection I have with me when I’m working – I may add in a few extra bits depending on the job or what I’m loving at the time but I’ll always have what you see below. And if you’d like todapt this checklist and make it your own, details of how to access the editable and printable version are at the bottom.
I will make one product recommedation though, and this is when it comes to a Makeup Bag – something that holds your entire kit, is portable and preferably has wheels. I have had several different bags over the years from ‘pro makeup artist bags’ to even suitcases and nothing compares to the Zuca bag I have now – they are pricey but in a serious makeup bag for a serious makeup artist.
Hope it helps!
- Skincare- Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser
- Makeup Brushes
- 3x shadow brushes, blusher brush, powder brush, eyebrow angled brush, eyeliner angled brush, lip brush, eyebrow comb, foundation brush, concealer brush.
- One for oily skin, one for combination. (Some cover all bases)
- Water Spray Bottle
- Cream based blusher
- Powder based blusher
- Eye Pencils
- 1x Black, 1x Brown
- Cream Eyeliner
- 1x Black, 1x Brown
- 1x Light cool + warm tone, 1x Medium cool + warm tone, 1x Dark cool + warm tone (this gives you the option for mixing colours to most people without carrying one of every colour foundation)
- Setting Powder
- 1x Translucent HD Powder, 1x Setting Powder light , 1x Setting Powder Dark
- Neutral bridal palette: at least 10 shadows ranging from very cream white to black/brown.
- 1x Black Waterproof , 1x Brown Waterproof
- 1x Nude , 1x soft pink, 1x Coral, 1x plum, 1x red
- 1x Nude, 1x soft pink, 1x red
- Setting Spray
- Clear Lipgloss
- Cotton Pads
- Eye makeup Remover
- Cotton buds
- Brush Cleaner
- Baby wipes
So is there anything you think I’ve missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts – just drop us a comment below. And to make things easy I’ve created this list as a GoogleDoc that you can access, edit and print off yourself as a handy reminder. Just pop your email in the box below and you’ll get access to this table in an editable, printable form!