It goes without saying that having all the correct information for a booking is key to delivering massive customer satisfaction every time. For example, if you’re working a wedding, then just prior to the big event can be a vulnerable time for any bride-to-be, and your organisation and clear sense of what’s happening can be a great source of comfort. Similarly, showing up on time at the right place with the right stuff consistently is a sure fire way to encourage repeat bookings and build a great reputation.
The problem is that the details of bookings can often be ironed out over the course of many emails, phone calls and face to face conversations – and making sure you capture all these details in one place can often be a challenge.
So how do you make sure you have the all the right information in the right place every time? Well you can either find an app to manage this for you (more on that at the bottom!) or you can make sure you follow our recommendations:
Know what information you need!
The key bits of information you need will depend slightly on the type of makeup/client – here’s our list for bridal:
- Bride-to-be’s Address (For invoicing)
- Mobile phone number
- Wedding venue address
- “Getting ready” venue address (if different from the wedding venue)
- Wedding date and time
- Does the bride-to-be require makeup, hair or both?
- Does the mother-of-the-bride require makeup, hair, or both?
- How many bridesmaids/flower girls require makeup? How many require hair? How many require both? (This will determine if you need an assistant)
- Photographer (this can help with coordinating and providing an amazing service)
- Any additional information (allergies, specific requests etc)
(Would love to hear from your experience at this point! Have I missed anything that you always ask for? Drop me a comment below and share!)
Make the client confirm the information
Don’t leave it to chance – make sure all the information you have is correct. You can do this by asking your client to confirm all the details in advance of the booking itself. Gather them together in a single email and send them over for them to check.
Alternatively you can ask your client to fill in a booking form for you – ensuring the information is likely to be correct.
Tell the client how you’re going to rock their world
Once you have all the information confirmed a really nice extra is to use it to explain how you’re going to work with the client to make their day amazing.
For example, you know address, time, number of clients requiring makeup and so on, and you’ll be using this information to work out your timings and whether you need assistants etc. But you can also share this plan with your bride-to-be, and reassure her that you’ve got your bases covered…
Really looking forward to your big day. I just thought I’d share with you how things are going to work, makeup wise, on the day itself so you’re not left wondering about anything, and can relax and enjoy yourself.
As the wedding is at 11am I’ll be arriving at the hotel where you’re staying at 7am and I would like to begin with your bridesmaid’s makeup which will take about 50mins. I’ll then do your makeup last, so you have a bit of down time and your makeup is fresh!
We should be all done by 9:30, which will give you plenty of time to finish getting ready do any last minute touch ups and get to the venue on time.
This kind of thoughtfulness can be a big differentiator, and lead to those all important word of mouth referrals!
Make sure you have the information where you can get to it!
If you’re travelling to a booking and your car breaks down it’s no good if the phone number is back in your home office. Make sure you have it to hand – either on your mobile phone, or with you in print.
And yes… there is an app for that!
At Career In Makeup we think this process of getting booking information right is so important we’ve decided to go one step further than making just a check list list. We’ve built an app – TinyPA
As we’ve just discussed keeping your client booking information organised, accessible and correct can be a major headache (even using our tips above!)
Sometimes you just need everything in one, easy-to-search place
But setting anything new up can take time – and whether it’s migrating to a digital calendar or setting up complex online booking system if it’s not done properly it can actually make things harder
So if you’d like a quick and easy way to manage your bookings from your email inbox then TinyPA is for you!
How does it work?
- Once you’ve created an account you can create bookings yourself, following which you’ll receive an email confirming all the details so you’ll have them in your inbox too.
- You can also share your unique booking links with clients and allow them to book you and input their details – in which case you’ll receive an email confirmation and so will they
- For each booking you can add makeup notes, contact details, services required and (soon) photos
- Once you’ve confirmed all the details of the booking with your client, you can hit create invoice to quickly build an invoice from the services they’ve requested.
TinyPA was designed this way because Ashley prefers to live in her inbox, and be able to access all the information when she’s on the go from her mobile.
How do I get it?
Visit TinyPa.co to register for your free 21 day trial now!
Alternatively, if you want to keep improving how you run your business, make sure you sign up for our Free Course below.